2013 is FINALLY here...and the countdown has begun. In 15 days, my dad and I will be driving a u-haul truck, 1,960 miles to begin our move to Mexico. Jackie and Antu will fly down a few days later and meet us in El Paso. Its hard to believe how quickly the months have gone by, and now our departure is at hand. There are a number of different emotions, feelings, excitement and anxiety...however, Jackie and I know now more then ever before that THIS IS the next chapter for us and we are greatly looking forward to our new home. As much of a blessing as it has been being back in the states for the past two months, spending holidays with friends and family and sharing a different churches...we are anxious to start our new life. The Lord has brought confirmation after confirmation regarding this next step for our family. One of those has come again through our precious Ayantu Faith. It has been such a blessing watching her grow over the years and especially the past 3 months. This little girl is so full of life and joy...its amazing! Not only have we seen her grow physically (getting very tall) but spiritually as well. Ayantu loves going to church, learning about Jesus, singing songs and especially praying for other people. Recently she has been praying a lot for the orphanage and constantly talks about how excited she is to hold the babies. She takes in a lot of practice time with the 20 babies that she cares for in her room.
I have recently realized it can be a little daunting, trying to fully grasp the biblical calling God has for me as a husband and father. Sometimes I think, “what in the world am I doing...packing up my family and moving them to Mexico.” However, things that the Lord reveals to me through His Word, my wife and now, my daughter...quickly helps those doubts and worries fade away. It’s like the famous hymn we sing...
“Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face. And the things of earth, will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace.”
Here are some things that have happened just this past week, that we'd love for you to rejoice with us in...
- I shared in my last post of 2012, that God has provided over $30,000 for the orphanage in 2012. Since then, the Lord has provided over $8000 more!
- 6 of the 8 doors, as well as some toilets, sinks, heaters, etc. that were needed have been purchased through peoples donations. If you would still like to give something specifically...please let me know and I can share the need!
- We had a blessed time sharing at CC Northwest in Bellingham this past weekend. God also has provided more pillows, blankets and now hygiene and dental supplies for the orphanage.
We would love and appreciate your prayers, especially in these final two weeks here in the states. Here are some specific things that you could be praying for...
- We will be sharing at 2 more churches before leaving...CC Cottage Grove in Oregon this weekend and then CC Monroe, the following weekend. Please pray for me as I continue to teach and convey the vision and story of the orphanage.
- We will be meeting with Ray Wilson and his wife, on Monday at 10 AM, to talk more about the children’s home in Creel, and get an update regarding the Mennonites.
- Our families health...we all have been hit with the cold/flu thing that is going around.
- Packing, cleaning and getting our house ready for our renters.
- Please pray in advance, for the details, travel and border crossing, as we move. We know that God will get our stuff and us safely across!
"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and BREATHED into his nostrils the BREATH of life; and man became a living being" (Genesis 2:7).
May the Lord continue to breathe in us...a new and fresh opportunity, a deeper love and passion for Him and the strength we need each and every day!